Posted on June 15, 2009 by homebody
Sarcasm… Two bad things happened today.
- Jodie Meeks- One of my Top 5 favorite UK Basketball players has decided to forego his Senior year and enter the NBA Draft. This hurst on multiple levels. Jodie was the 1st player I ever followed during the recruiting process. While he looked nothing like what I imagined, he was a pure shooter just like I thought. It also hurst because with him, UK would have been a been a sure fire Final Four team. Now, we have no real outside threat and that scares me. We will still be alright without him, but it would have been nice to have him.
- USA Soccer- I root for the US, but they have never been and never will be my favorite team. That title belongs to the Netherlands. The US played defending World Cup Champion, Italy today in the Confederations Cup. The US went up 1-0 on a p.k. but ended up getting beat 3-1. Tim Howard is supposed to be a beast keeper, but he got beat twice on 35+ yard shots today. One of which was shot by Giuseppe Rossi. He would later score again. Funny thing is, he is AMERICAN. Born in New Jersey. Maybe Howard just had a bad day, but still, you can’t have those against teams like Italy. Here are reason why I hate that I care about the US Soccer Team:
–Uniforms are gross.
–Our ‘best’ player is the most over-rated player in the world.
–Can’t keep U.S. talent in the U.S.
-No flash at all. Boring Soccer.
-Won’t play young players and let them learn on the fly like the better countries.
-Always a disappointment.
-I’m sure there are more, but I can’t think of any at the moment…
Next up for the Red, White, and Blue? BRAZIL! Should be a laugher.
Oh yeah, my Kickball Team did win the company championship today, so that’s one good thing.
The Ball Kickers
Filed under: College Basketball, Soccer, UK Basketball | Tagged: Giuseppe Rossi, homebody, Jodie Meeks, USA Soccer | Leave a comment »
Posted on May 6, 2009 by homebody
Posted on May 2, 2009 by homebody
great sports weekend
- We got Manny Pacquiao fighting Ricky Hatton in what is being billed as the fight of the year. However, it is only on PPV ($49.99). And people wonder why boxing sucks and nobody watches it. Name another sport that secludes itself from its viewers like this… I’m picking Hatton in the 8th by knockout.
- Also, in the NHL, Crosby and Ovechkin are going head to head in the playoffs. I’m not a hockey fan, but if I happen to come across this game on TV I will probably watch a little bit of it. I think I’m going to say Ovechkin is my favorite hockey player of all time (other than Brent Fuller) and Crosby is a whiny bitch. There are other NHL games going on, but really, who gives a shit? Ovechkin and company will win this series.
- The Kentucky Derby. The most exciting 2 minutes in sports, and a close second, The Kid having sex on his honeymoon. You gotta love the Derby. All eyes on Kentucky. I am going with the Trifecta of Friesan Fire, PioneeroftheNile, and Chocolate Candy. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. Also, just saw that the favorite, I Want Revenge, has been scratched from the race.
- Major League Baseball is in full swing. We got a full slate of games on, should be fun.
- NBA playoffs have 2 game 7’s this weekend. Bulls @ Celtics and Heat @ Hawks. The Bulls/Celtics series has been sick. I’m not biggest NBA fan, but I do like watching some of the playoffs, especially when the games are like these. Also, the Mavs and Nuggets get the second round started on Sunday. I’m picking the Bulls and Hawks to move onto the second round.
- Also, the EPL (English Premier League) plays this weekend. Manchester United has already played this morning, and they beat Middlesbrough 2-0. Man U is atop the leaderboard through 34 games in the EPL.
- Tiger is trying to win a golf tournament at Quail Hollow. He is one shot behind the leaders heading into Saturday.
I’m sure there is other shit going on, but I believe I covered the most important. I’m sure there is NASCAR this weekend, College Baseball, MLS games, and NFL mini-camps. So basically there is plenty to watch/track on the Internet this weekend while it rains outside.
Filed under: MLB, NBA, NCAA, NFL, NHL, Obscure Sports, PGA, Soccer | Tagged: Boxing, Bulls, Celtics, Crosby, EPL, Hatton, Hawks, Heat, homebody, Kentucky Derby, MLS, Ovechkin, Pacquiao | Leave a comment »
Posted on March 15, 2009 by The Kid
Wow. Can we please just blow up that whole country? Those people are nuts. Soccer isn’t THAT big of a deal is it?
Filed under: Soccer | Tagged: iraq, Soccer | Leave a comment »
Posted on November 24, 2008 by homebody
CREW WIN! CREW WIN! CREW WIN!
Columbus Crew won their 1st MLS Cup this weekend, defeating the New York Red Bulls 3-1. Man, I love MLS.
Filed under: Soccer | Tagged: Columbus Crew, homebody, MLS, Soccer | 1 Comment »
Posted on October 28, 2008 by homebody
Diego Maradona is back… as a coach. One of the best Soccer players of all-time is set to return to lead his country (Argentina) back to a World Cup Crown. Even though he is one of the best players in history, he is most known for his 1st goal in the 1986 World Cup quarter-final match vs England. The English goalkeeper came out of his goal to punch the ball clear. However, Maradona reached it first; with the outside of his left fist. The ball went into the goal, and the referee, not having seen the infringement, allowed the goal. Argentina went on to win the match and the World Cup. He has also fought a cocaine addiction, so it is good to see La Mano de Dios back again.
Filed under: Soccer | Tagged: Diego Maradona, hand of god, homebody, Soccer | Leave a comment »